Saturday, January 30, 2010

Guys Like Mean Girls

My Ex married a Mean Girl so I've given this some thought. He didn't leave me for a Mean Girl, or this could be really painful. I was the one who wanted a divorce, after I had tried my best to work it out. Maybe I set him up for her. He's tried harder with her and put up with a lot, from what I hear. I do know this about her, she always gets her way. It doesn't hurt that her family owns an oil company, but that's beside the point.

What can we learn from the Mean Girls that will help us? Sometimes known as _itches, they know exactly what they want and how to get it. They don't even have to speak up for themselves. It can be as small a gesture as a raised eyebrow, or a tilt of the head, and he knows he's out of line. Mean Girls are not wishy washy. They take good care of themselves. Their clothing, hair, nails down to the smallest details are impeccable. They put themselves first.

Mean Girls keep men on their toes. Men have to work at it, and be on their best behavior to stay in the game with them. Men strive to be good enough just to be with them, for they see them as the prize. Men take them to fine restaurants, bestow flowers and often expensive gifts.

For the most part, Mean Girls appear confident and independent. They won't put up with any BS, and don't compromise. They have been known to string men along. Often they move on to the next guy if they think he's a better catch. Shallow, yes, but there is something they can teach us about valuing ourselves and having boundaries.

We can learn a lot from them, without being mean. They have boundaries. Love yourself first, then you can Love another.
Hold Your Space

No comments: