Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cut The Cord

For me, clearing out and cleaning out my closet is torture! I hold on to too many of my clothes. It takes me forever to get through them and make decisions on giving things away. It's overwhelming to me. I usually have a much bigger mess than when I started. That's where I am right now as I'm writing this, so I'm avoiding.
Many of my clothes I don't wear and I don't have room for them. I can't find what I want to wear and I don't know what I have 'cause I can't find anything. I can go shopping in my closet. Ok, I really have three. It takes me unearthing what I have crammed and folded and stuffed into every nook and cranny of all three closets to find what I want.

I have vowed this year to cut the cord. No more excuses on I might wear this to go... sailing,? to go horseback riding,? to go fishing,? (yes fishing) to go to Cabo, (now that sounds good) or to a wedding, or whatever! Any future event will do to find an excuse to hold on. I think it must be my fear of lack, after all, I might need it someday. Or, I might lose weight and I really like it too much to give away! Maybe I hold on because I didn't have a lot of clothes growing up and I wore uniforms through some of my school years.

For whatever reason, it's not working for me today. I am committing to make my life simpler and easier by releasing. I'm cutting the cord, I don't need it all. It helps me to tell myself someone will go to Goodwill and be thrilled to have this or that. So I'm heading back into the closet to put some action behind these words. I can work on it in doable portions instead of all at once. I'm doing something to make my life better, keeping focused on my goal. I Hold My Space in the place of order, ease and simplicity. Here's a link with some tips on organization.
www.lonnymag.com

No comments: