Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bad Bugs

I was very sick with a baaaaad bug and it brought me to my knees, literally. It started in the middle of the night, early Tuesday morning. I was up nearly all night "tossing my cookies" as my sweet mother politely put it.

I was so sick and weak I wondered if I was gonna make it. Where did this come from? What was it that I ate? Many of us go through this wretching but we never really talk about such an unpleasant subject because we're so happy to get to the other side. My body feels like it has been run over and my muscles ache to the bone. I'm recovering and yes, I'll live.

I feel like I've been "gone" for a couple of days and now I'm reentering my life. All of the things that don't matter when you're very ill are there waiting for you to catch up. The bills the there, the cable not working, tolltag update, car repair, laundry and calls to return are all signs of the pace I keep, in addition to work.

I appreciate the simple things in life much more (taking a shower) and realize how much I take my health for granted. Illness is humbling and we all go through it. So many people do not have the miracle of recovery, and the ability to bounce back as I do. I know that in another day I will be back on the same track I was on, but with more gratitude. I HOLD My SPACE in the place of health and humility.

No comments: