Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Keep Your Head In The Game

Yesterday I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in awhile. We talked and caught up on what has been going on in each of our lives. She just broke up with a man she had been dating steadily for the last four months. She said she really cared about him.
They had a lot in common, enjoyed each others company and had good chemistry. "What happened?" I asked. She said he had become clingy and he wasn't very motivated. He just didn't want to take the lead. She said she missed him and that he was a good person. She decided, although it wasn't easy, to move forward with her life without him. She didn't want to waste her time or his.
As we talked, I listened to what she had to say. Some of her girlfriends didn't understand how easy it appeared for her to move on. I wasn't sure if maybe she just wasn't that into him. She told me how she explained it to them, "You just have to keep your head in the game." She went on to say, "Instead of getting all caught up in feelings, and thinking about how wonderful he is, you keep your head on straight. Think about what is best for you, and what you really want." It made sense to me and seemed practical. I'll have to check back with her in a week or two and see how she's doing.

No comments: