Saturday, October 4, 2008

Code Word: Geranium

I married the Dead Ex Husband in December of one year. My son and I escaped in the middle of the night the following July.
We lived a fairy tale life for the first few months. He and his family were the Noahs' Arc of Wealth. They had at least two of everything. Two boxes at Cowboy stadium, a big one for business and a smaller one for family and friends. Lear jets and golf tournaments. Racehorses and boxes in which to watch them run. A big box at the Speedway, the only privately owned box there. One BIG Yacht and various other boats, one to sail, one to race and one to fish. A ranch, huge winter/summer homes on a private lakes, it goes on and on....you get the picture.
I detail the situation to describe how difficult it was not only to leave but to get away. I loved him when I married him, that changed over a short time and after he hurt me. I was shell shocked. I called my mother to talk with her, he was so possessive, he ripped the phone out of the wall. He wanted me to spend all of my time with him and to talk only to him. He raged. He grabbed my cell phone from me, threw it against the tile floor and smathered it into smithereeeens. the problem was he thought he owned me and I wasn't for sale. I had a backup plan, and help on the outside. Code word: Geranium. My sweet mother and I had a plan for my escape.

No comments: