Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Change Your Mind and Change your LIfe

Whenever I have something special to attend I think, "What am I going to wear?" If I don't have something in my closet, I plan to go shopping. I'll head out to find just the right something to wear. We all like to feel we look good. The current magazines have plenty of great styles to see as well as who is wearing the latest and greatest fashion.
I know in my heart of hearts that feeling good and looking good come from the inside out, not the outside in. We can put on just about anything (well almost) in our closets when we feel good about ourselves and our confidence shows. On the other hand, when we are down on ourselves we don't look or feel good in just about anything! Right? Ever been through 10 or so changes? You know what I mean. No great outfit totally works. It might help us to keep up appearances and prop ourselves up. We can put on the mask but we know what's really going on. Makeup doesn't cover up the truth of how we really feel about us.
Change your Mind and Change your Life. If it is losing weight, in a healthy way, then start. If it is telling someone what you really think (with a little filter) then do so. Stop smoking? I know we all can do whatever we make up our mind to do. For me, I just have to want the change badly enough to have the self discipline to start...I'm laying down a new track. I HOLD my SPACE in the place of change.

No comments: