Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Ogre Landlord

Many of us have had an Ogre landlord. Someone who is difficult to deal with, unreasonable and oppressive. He, or she, seem to enjoy lauding their power and control over you, a perfect and fast track way to learn to Hold Your Space. Are negotiations initially difficult? They can be a predictor of future entanglements. Be Prepared! The signs are there early on. Know that the legal commitment you are agreeing to is binding. You have entered into a long term relationship with this person. Set your boundaries. A landlord can enter your new home without your permission or knowledge! Amazing!
I have experienced what I write about first hand. For four years I was under his domain, a serf in his kingdom. He was a teacher for me in Holding My Space during the time I inhabited his property. The good news is, he did me a favor. When I had had enough, I found a place of my own to buy. He motivated me to purchase my property, and today I have him to thank.

No comments: