Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Anniversary

Today is my former anniversary. The day I married my "original" husband. Kind of a bittersweet day since he is married to someone else now. We married young and had great times together. It's like a distant former life. I didn't know who I was then and we grew in different directions. I could have stayed married to him. It would have been a lot easier road in many ways and harder in others. One of my friends called it my "Beautiful Prison". It took all the guts I had to leave. I am grateful to him. I have 2 wonderful children. Doubtful I would have met many of the great friends I have today. I'm a lot stronger and wiser person today. Being single and making your way in the world forces you to grow up in ways I didn't know as a young married woman. Today I think for myself and can do whatever my heart desires, on a budget.

No comments: