Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happily Ever Now

My son is a great one for living in the moment. He knows the power of living now. By just being around him, he is a reminder to me (when I get too far out there) to reel myself back into the present moment. We can live in and create a future in the now. Now, the present moment, is really all we have, and it is precious.
I'm learning to practice living in and enjoying the present moment more. My old habits of looking to the future are hard to break. They are often triggered by just wondering what is going to happen. Sometimes driven by fear, it's often a waste of my time. When we look back on our life, memories are made by living our life not by thinking about the future. Memories are made by being in the present.
I do come by it naturally. I took a test a few years back and it nailed me. A Futurist was my biggest strength. OK, so I thought, similar to a visionary? Not sure about that, but that "strength" has hampered my staying in the present. In the present, and only the present, I can practice the presence and meditate. This understanding helps me and grounds me to live happily ever NOW. I HOLD MY SPACE in the POWER of NOW.

No comments: