Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Dead Ex Husband Stalked and Abused Me

As I write these words, a flood of emotions comes over me. I remind myself he can never hurt me again, he is dead. I am FREE. I lived in in terror and fear for my life.
I met him close to this time of year which is probably why I am up and can't sleep. I had just finished graduate school and had been living in the library for nearly 2 years writing papers. Hurrying to my brothers surprise birthday party, I had the big sign his wife had asked me to paint. My parents and sisters were all there along with his many friends. As usual, my brother was late. His wife told me, he was with his "best friend" who had kept him busy while the party preparations were being completed. Who was this "best friend" I asked? I didn't know him. "Oh, they met at the lake". Nearly 2 hours late, my brother arrived and the party began. I often wonder how my life would have been different had I just missed that party and never met his "best friend".

No comments: