Thursday, August 21, 2008

KEEP CALM and CARRY ON

This is an English "saying" and so very appropriate. It is not STAY CALM.. it is KEEP CALM...
To always "KEEP" calmness with one is to HOLD YOUR SPACE...and CARRY ON by continuing to do so.
This was never more fitting for me than when I answered the telephone call to be informed (by my father) my mother had been taken to the emergency room by ambulance. That very moment of heart pounding and blood curdling fear reminded me to KEEP CALM. I felt a dizzying inability to center myself. My mother is OK now and, after spending a week in the hospital, is home now and resting. I learned a lesson about my reaction to what could have been devastating news..but it wasn't. I put myself through untold stress by my response.

KEEP CALM and CARRY ON

No comments: