Thursday, July 29, 2010

The F Word : FRACKING

I'm jumping up on my soapbox and shouting! "Be Afraid Be Very Afraid! Water is our life sustaining resource and it is being polluted and poisoned." Don't just believe what I'm writing, read about it for yourself. I'm not a radical environmentalist, just a lazy recycler. FRACKING is a dirty word.

I was shocked out of my complacency when I saw the film Gasland. Watch it. It's scary.  Little Bush and his sidekick Cheney (they'll get theirs, karma is a bitch) got this deal passed (in '05 I think) where drilling/fracking could be done and they didn't have to follow the EPA guidelines, imagine that. Big money wreaks havoc on our land and water supply in states all across the country.  They get away with it,  and get rich,  while we get sick.

I thought "they" drilled for natural gas kind of like oil. I didn't know the process. I've learned they inject and implode the land with multiple poisons to extract the gas. It's called FRACKING.  The poisons will NEVER EVER break down. These poisonous chemicals (including arsenic) are getting into our water supply. ( Oh, and the grazing cows are eating grass poisoned by FRACKING and being served up to you)

The corporations are drilling on public land, our natural preserves, and privately owned land.  Birds are falling out of the sky dying, people can set the water coming from their  faucets on fire!  People are getting sick while big corporations line their pockets with money and move on.  It's FRACKING Criminal!

No comments: