Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Wing and a Prayer

I'm going to Germany in two weeks and I'm not big on flying. That's where faith and trust come in. My Dad really wants to go back to the "fatherland". My sister and I (reluctantly) are going with him.
Both my Dad and Mom are of German descent. My Dads family from the eastern part of Germany and Moms from the southern part near France. Dad wants to return to where his grandfather was born. I think there must be a comfort in going to the places he heard about as a child. There is some mystery around what happened. His great uncle left Germany in secrecy and alone once the Russians invaded. Hopefully, Dads questions will be answered, and the mystery solved.
I have made arrangements to travel by train (200 mph I'm told) once we land in Frankfurt. We are visiting Berlin, Poland (driving), Munich, Austria, Switzerland and Lichtenstein. Will be a whirlwind!
I have never been to Europe so this will be an adventure. I just need to get on the plane and Hold My Space for the ride.

No comments: